Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jan 24, David Z's computer crashed, Dawn Rubbert

Dear All,

David Zarembka phoned me from Africa this morning. Sadly, his laptop has completely crashed.
He will not be able to send messages as regularly or as frequently as he has been. Now he will
need to trek to cyber cafes to read and send email. His response time to emails he receives will
be much slower.

>From today until Sunday Dave Z is attending the Consultation for Quaker leaders in Kenya which was spearheaded by Friends United Meeting (FUM)--Africa Office. Attendees will consider the Quaker response to the current violence and crisis. I don't know whether the schedule for the Consultation will allow him to communicate with us.

I would also like to ask for your help in another way. For some reason, perhaps because of the
violence in Kenya, which was shocking to so much of the world, interest in AGLI's summer workcamps is very low this year. If any of you would be willing to disperse information via flyers, emails or postings on websites I can swiftly send you information. You can also direct folks to the website, www.aglionline.org. We are not able to send attachments via this listserv but you can contact me by reply email and I will be quite happy to respond.

One more piece of information for you. Part of my work with AGLI is to maintain this listserv.
Therefore, when I send out letters from Dave Z they will say they are from him, because they
are from him. However, the return address is mine because any notices of returned mail need to
come to me so I can maintain the list. So, if you use "reply" to one of these missives from AGLI
it will come to me first. If you have addressed it to Dave I will forward it on to him immediately.

Thanks for all of your concern for the people of Kenya and your support of AGLI and Friends
Peace Teams. May all of you be well.

Blessings,
Dawn

Dawn L. Rubbert, Program Manager
African Great Lakes Initiative/Friends Peace Teams
1001 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104 USA
314-647-1287
Dawn@aglionline.org
http://www.aglionline.org

"There must be amidst all the confusions of the hour a tried and undisturbed
remnant of persons who will not become purveyors of coercion and violence,
who are ready to stand alone, if it is necessary, for the way of peace and love
among men." ~~ Rufus Jones, 1940 ~~

Blessings,
Dawn

No comments: